Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Potato-Crusted Quiche

I absolutely love quiche and haven't been able to have it since going gluten free, so when a friend of mine told me about this recipe, I knew I had to try it! It turned out absolutely perfect and tasted amazing! My parents both agreed that it tastes better than regular quiche!



Cook time: 1 hour 
Prep Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
4 medium potatoes peeled and sliced thin
3 tablespoons of olive oil
salt
pepper
2 cups half-and-half
oregano
3 eggs and 3 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups of cheese (I used mozzarella)
Broccoli and other fillers (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Toss the potato slices with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano and spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 
3. Line a pie dish with the potato slices so that there are no gaps.
4. Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper, oregano, cheese, and optional fillers together.
5. Put the egg mixture in the pie dish and bake for 40-50 minutes of until it begins to brown on top.
6. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.

I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com and changed a few things according to what our family likes. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment